This Project Has Been Set To Resume As Soon As Possible.
Please kindly donate generously towards this project
[maxbutton id=”1″ ]
Masjid Qari Qasim Shaheri R.A. & Islamic Centre.
This Masjid is being built in memory of our late Ustaadul Quraan Hadhrat Maulana Qari Qasim R.A. (Darul Uloom Zakariya, South Africa). Total cost of the project is approximately £50,000
Project Has Now Resumed
Building Progress Information
- Foundation laying
- Wall structure
- Main prayer hall
- Wudhu area
- Toilets and bathroom
- 10 classes
- Electric fittings
- 3 Guest rooms
- Open sky veranda
- Mimbar and Mihrab
- Classroom equiopments
Ways to donate
Al-Ianah Humanity Welfare
66a Asfordby Street
By Bank Transfer
|Name of Bank||Barclays Bank|
Please click the button below to make a donation through PayPal. (Page will open in a new tab)
About Hadhrat Maulana Qari Qasim Shaheri R.A.
Name: Qasim Dawood Shaheru
Father: Dawood Shaheri
Mother: Zubeda Shaheri
Date of birth: 25/10/1952
Place of Birth: Panoli, Bharuch, India.
Date of demise: Thursday 02/08/201.
Place of demise: Darul Uloom Zakariya, Lenasia, South Africa.
Education and Khidmah
He became Haafiz of Quran in 1967 in his native village Panoli, Bharuch, India by Qari Ishaq Topia.He then enrolled in Jamia Husainiyya Rander, Surat, India in 1968 & Graduated in 1976. Whilst studying he was supporting himself and his siblings by fixing other students books and by binding books and sewing other students clothes, as his father was ill and poor.
Some of his teachers are:
- Sheikh Ul Hadith Moulana Ahmed Ul Ullah from Paal
- Moulana Gulam Rasool Borsadi
- Moulana Islam Ul Haq
- Moulana Shamsuddin Afgani
- Moulana Ali Patel Khanpuri
- Mufti Ismail Vadiwala Kantahria
1987 – His beloved father passed away making him sole breadwinner for the entire family.
1997 – After Graduating he started doing Imaamat In Badekha Chakla, Surat.
1980 – 1985 – He migrated to Saudi Arabia where he worked as a tailor at Daffa Factory.
1985 – 1988 – He Migrated to Dubai where he worked as a tailor.
1989 – 1990 – He moved back to India and taught in Kharod.
1991 – He then Migrated to South Africa until his demise. He was a Hifz Teacher at Darul Uloom Zakariya, Zakariya Park ,Lenasia, South Africa. He Taught Hifz of the Quraan for 28 years.
Nikah was performed in 1979.
He has left behind 2 sons and 4 daughters
- Muzammil Shaheri Married & lives in Toronto Canada as Businessmen.
- Qari Salim Shaheri who is excellent Qari & Aalim serving as Hifz & Islamiyat Teacher in Johannesburg South Africa.
- Umme Moaviyah married & lives in Crawley, UK
- Umme Hanzalah married & lives in Lusaka Zambia
- Umme Yusuf married & lives in Lusaka Zambia
- Umme Ruqayyah married & lives in Durban, South Africa
(Alhamdulillah all four daughters are Aalima and Teaching Quraan currently)
Alhamdulillah Hadhrad Maulana Qari Qasim Sahib had done walking Hajj in 1985 and Umrah in 2018, just less than 3 months prior to his demise.
He has left behind him 70 Plus Hafiz students all around the world.
Some of His Outstanding Qualities!
- He was extremely tidy person (Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said cleanliness is half of faith)
- He was very tolerant and possessed very high Alhlaaq.
- His Sila Rahmi (kindness) was exemplary.
- Extremely humble ,tolerant & honest.
- Feeding guest was his passion.
- Very obedient to his parents.
- Loving husband & fatber.
He passed away while his Beloved Mother was with him. He passed in his sleep while having a broad smile on his face. During his final days, he was ill and very weak, Despite his illness and weakness, he called all his students to his house and taught them from home. The last thing he did was that he taught the Quran.
May Allah forgive his sins and elevate his status in Jannatul Firdous. Ameen
(Written & referenced By Mohammad Huzaifa Bora.)