*Corner Charity Shop vacancy*
Muslim Male Required
Job Title – Retail Manager, Jame Corner Charity Shop
Location – 66 Asfordby Street, Leicester LE5 3QG
(Opposite jame masjid)
A unique opportunity has opened to manage the retail shop.
Jame corner is a retail charity store of AL-IANAH HUMANITY WELFARE
a convenient store selling a range of high quality foods, drinks and essential items, both in the shop and on online (Facebook, etc)
The main purpose of the shop is to generate subsidiary income which contributes to the overall aim of AL-IANAH HUMANITY WELFARE providing educational welfare and deeni needs of the Muslims of Bulgaria and other parts of the world.
Jame corner requires excellent customer care and a strong following with the shop known throughout Leicester and beyond as a place of connection and community.
• You will have operational and financial responsibility for managing every aspect of the business including:
• Volunteer recruitment and training.
• Costs & budgets.
• Stock control, range, price and display items.
• This urgent position would suit a professional person with drive, energy, strong leadership skills and real passion for community and customer service. This is a fantastic role for the right individual who is looking to join a passionate team and make a difference in their community.
ROLE – Charity Convenient Store Manager
As a Charity Shop Manager, you will:
• Manage all day-to-day operations running the shop including:
• Sorting donations and managing stock in the front and back of the shop.
• Ensuring the quality, range, and display of merchandise is executed in line with guidelines, quality is paramount.
• keeping the store and surroundings clean and tidy at all times.
• Manage and grow sales on Facebook, Ebay, Insta. Our ambition is to sell as much online as we do in the shop.
• Manage Volunteers upon Various Shifts:
• Recruiting and building a reliable volunteer team.
• Managing them as a motivated team of many talents.
• Preparing weekly rotas for volunteers and finding suitable replacements in cases of absence.
• Training and coaching.
• Promote the shop and charity by:
• Managing and growing relationships within the community.
• Promoting and engaging the shop and charity within the local community.
• Growing the shop charity’s presence across social media platforms such as Facebook.
• Creating Weekly and Monthly Seasonal Sales and charity Themes,
• Manage the shop finances by:
• Managing costs and ensuring that sales budgets are met.
• Complete and submit weekly spreadsheet of sales, donations, and future sales and promotional steps to the Senior Management team.
• You will also keep the shop, the customers and the staff safe by actively managing health and safety and also ensure all policies and procedural are in place and adhered to.
• Arranging Fundraising events, and facilitate fundraisers through volunteers.
What is needed for this role?
• Experience managing a professional retail shop, preferably a charity shop, but not essential.
• Experience in managing a small team of volunteers.
• Must Have a car and a valid driving license
• Excellent people, communication, leadership, and management skills.
• Ability to lead a motivated volunteer team and grow them with thorough skills training and coaching.
• A hands-on lead from the front approach and a keen eye for detail.
• A positive deeni and outgoing personality and outlook.
• Ability to manage the shop finances accountably.
• IT literate – working with systems and processes.
• Shop will be open 7 days a week, you can choose a day off per week. While arranging volunteers to cover.
• Holiday entitlement: 24 days per annum (not Ramadan) plus 1 day a week. (All covers, stock etc needs to be arranged prior to holidays)
• Previous managerial retail experience.
• To be able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent attendance, punctuality, teamwork and communication skills and a can-do attitude.
• Must be able to work during Ramadan
If you feel you are the right fit for this Vacancy, Please Email your contact info and CV To